It is quite easy to transfer photo’s from your iPhone, iPod or iPad to your PC without running iTunes. To start off plug in your Apple device to your computer via USB. I move files over from my iPhone frequently because I take a lot of screenshots which I then use on articles and for editing. You can also use this method to transfer your Instagram pictures to your computer and videos since they are in the same folders.
Transfer from pics from iPhone to PC (windows)
1.Open ‘My Computer’- It will turn up under ‘Portable Devices’
Or An Autoplay window will open select ‘Open Device to View Files’
2. Double click- Internal Storage
3. Under Internal Storage your pictures will be stored under files named with a mixture of numbers and letters.
4. Copy and paste the images you want to transfer onto your computer.
Transfer photography from iPhone to Mac PC
1. ‘iPhoto’ will launch automatically on your Mac. Your images and any videos you have taking will be under Camera Roll.
2. You will have the option to import all images or you select the images you want to import.
Or You can transfer your pictures via ‘Preview’
Click on the file menu, scroll down and select ‘Import from your name iPhone’
Using preview is the easier method, and to transfer photos back to your iPhone or iPad is easy- just sync the files or folder you want via iTunes.