With the 5th generation in the iPhone series coming out in September; since its release in 2007 the iPhone has changed the way we consume information, it lead to the resurgence of app development which has spawned several multimillion dollar companies and a billion dollar exit. This post is going to look back at the financial success and market share of the iPhone business for Apple with a few facts.
- The iPhone has sold more than 150 million devices worldwide
- The iPhone is Apple’s most valued product account for two-thirds of its profit
- Apple has about 9 percent of the international market share: yet it rakes in 75 percent of the profit.
- Apple is at war with Samsung— vigorously protecting its innovation and design with filed patents.
- The iPhone is considered the leading smartphone in the market concerning innovation and design.
- The iPhones main competitor is the Samsung Galaxy S3 (series) and the HTC Series.
Prediction: By the end of the 1st quarter for 2013 Apple would have sold over 215 million iPhones overall